What is Twitter?
Twitter is a social networking site where users can post short messages, called tweets, of up to 280 characters.
- Platform type: Social Media Platform
- Founder(s): Jack Dorsey
- Year founded: 2006
What Are Twitter's Top Features?
- Twitter is a great way to connect with people who share your interests.
- You can follow people and organizations to stay up-to-date on what they're doing.
- Twitter is a great way to get news and information in real-time.
- You can use Twitter to promote your own work or products.
- Twitter is a great way to connect with people in your
Twitter has several unique characteristics that bring value to its users:
- Short form content style encourages frequent, timely updates
- Twitter offers a variety of content creation features ranging from live video to audio chat rooms (spaces) and other common content formats like video and photos
- Newsfeed is full of real-time updates, which can be used to gather news, participate in conversations as they unfold, and make connections
- Twitter has an active community of professionals that presents a valuable networking opportunity, as well as target customers for brands
Resources to Learn Twitter Marketing and Twitter Personal Branding