What is LinkedIn?
LinkedIn is a social network for professional networking, connecting employers with prospective employees, and connecting employees with other professionals in their field.
- Platform type: Social Media Platform
- Founder(s): Allen Blue, Eric Ly, Jean-Luc Vaillant, Lee Hower, Konstantin Guericke, Stephen Beitzel, David Eves, Ian McNish, Yan Pujante, and Chris Saccheri
- Year founded: 2002
What Are LinkedIn's Top Features?
- The ability to connect with people in your field and build relationships
- The ability to find and apply for jobs
- The ability to network with other professionals
- The ability to keep your resume up-to-date
- The ability to research companies and salary information
LinkedIn has several unique characteristics that bring value to its users:
- Large professional network presents ample opportunities for personal brand building, networking, and yielding job opportunities
- Content creation tools offer a variety of options ranging from live video to PDF document sharing and a native LinkedIn blogging platform
- LinkedIn profiles are robust, with numerous content fields and opportunities for branding and SEO
- LinkedIn company pages offer a variety of content creation tools and branding opportunities geared toward organizations
Learn About Using LinkedIn for Personal Branding and Marketing for Companies
LinkedIn Personal Branding
LinkedIn Company Marketing Strategies