What is YouTube?
YouTube is a video sharing website where users can upload, share, and view videos.
- Platform type: Social Media Platform
- Founder(s): Steve Chen, Chad Hurley, and Jawed Karim
- Year founded: 2005
What Are YouTube's Top Features?
- The ability to upload videos
- A user interface that is easy to navigate
- A search bar to help you find the videos you're looking for
- The ability to create and manage playlists
- The ability to like, comment on, and share videos
- The ability to subscribe to channels
YouTube has several unique characteristics that bring value to its users:
- YouTube provides tools for creators such as channels and playlists to organize videos into different categories.
- YouTube channels can be branded with custom profile images, cover images, and descriptions
- YouTube analytics give content creators insight into how their videos are being consumed to guide future content creation and promotion strategies
- YouTube search is a great tool for video discovery for users, and is an opportunity for creators and brands to leverage search optimization in their profiles and video post meta data
- Creators and brands can earn revenue from ads that are displayed on their content