What is TikTok?
Tiktok is a social media platform that allows users to share short videos of themselves, and to discover short videos from other users.
- Platform type: Social Media Platform
- Founder(s): ByteDance
- Year founded: 2016
What Are TikTok's Top Features?
- The ability to create short, creative videos
- A large variety of music and sound effects you can use to create content
- A library of filters and editing tools to help you create engaging videos
- A community of other creatives to connect with and get inspiration from
TikTok has several unique characteristics that bring value to its users:
- Highly engaging short form video format
- TikTok feed algorithm seamlessly surfaces videos for users, helping them discover content, and keeping them on platform for brand and creators
- TikTok has built-in creation tools, including video editing, adding music, and text overlay
- TikTok is a widely used search engine, especially by Gen Z users. This opens up the opportunity to utilize SEO strategies on TikTok in both posts, and on user profiles