What is Instagram?
Instagram is a social networking app made for sharing photos and videos with followers.
- Platform type: Social Media Platform
- Founder(s): Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger
- Year founded: 2010
What Are Instagram's Top Features?
- The ability to share photos and videos with friends and family
- The ability to edit photos and videos with filters and other editing tools
- The ability to explore photos and videos from other users
- The ability to find and connect with other users
Instagram has several unique characteristics that bring value to its users:
- Instagram is a highly visual platform that caters to creators
- Instagram offers content creation tools and post types that give users a variety of options, including temporary story posts, polls, photos, photo carousels, and videos
- Instagram profiles offer users visual branding opportunities to design the look and feel of their profiles
- Instagram offers a business profile option that unlocks lead generation, ecommerce, and advertising tools for business owners and personal brands
Learn More Instagram Personal Branding and Marketing Strategies
- 10 Instagram Personal Branding Content Ideas